FOJ provides grants to a variety of projects, initiatives, activities, and events that attempt to improve the quality of life for people living in Jamaica and for Jamaicans in the diaspora. Our focus is on Jamaican public health, environment, education, culture, and sustainable community development.
Although our membership is comprised primarily of former Peace Corps Volunteers who served in Jamaica, funding is not limited to Peace Corps projects and we encourage everyone with a suitable project to apply for funding.
Grants awards have ranged from $50 - $1,000USD; however, most projects are typically awarded $500USD. FOJ is not always able to provide the full amount requested.
Funding requests cannot:
- Promote political candidates, parties, or causes, or promote religious beliefs.
- Provide grants, scholarships, or loans to individuals.
- Make contributions directly to governmental entities; however, we will contribute to organizations that also receive funding from the government. Schools and other government based community organizations are eligible for funding.
- Provide funds for administrative costs. All grant funds must go directly to the project or activity, and may not be used for overheads, salaries, office supplies, or other general operating expenses. However, consumables directly related to the project may be funded, such as lunch for project volunteers.
1) Click on the button below to download the application. The entire form must be completed.
2) The person responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of the grant must sign Part IV.
3) All applications must either be typed or completed in black ink (please print).
4) Grant applications must be signed, and may be submitted via e-mail (as word or pdf files) to email@example.com. Alternatively, an original, signed application may be mailed to:
Friends of Jamaica Peace Corps Association
c/o Kenneth Lim
523 Tennessee Ave NE
Washington, DC 20002