Our AGM conference call was held on on October 21, 2018. In it, the FOJ Board of Directors and Members discussed the events of the past year and compared the progress made toward the goals they set in 2017.
2018 was a successful year for FOJ where its membership and grant goals were exceeded. Constructive relationships were strengthened with Peace Corps Jamaica and external stakeholders as FOJ continues to get the word out about its activities. Regular monthly newsletters are keeping members informed.
- Goal: Approve at least 4 grants totaling $2,000
- Outcome: Approved 5 grants totaling $2,917
- Goal: Receive and review at least 5 grant applications
- Outcome: FOJ received and reviewed 11 applications
- Goal: Have at least 50 paid members
- Outcome: FOJ had 73 paid members at the time of the AGM
- Goal: Hold at least 2 in-person events
- Outcome: Events held in DC and San Francisco with good turnout
The FOJ website and Facebook page provide additional outlets for communication and organization. For more information, see these links:
Board of Directors
Please welcome the 2018 - 2019 Directors and special thanks to outgoing President Kenneth Lim for his dedicated service in leading the organization since 2016!
President: Benjee Cascio, Vice President: John Riley Barnacastle, Secretary: Esther Lambert, Treasurer: David Ingleman, Communications: Indi Mclymont, Grants: Adam Rhoads, Membership/Newsletter: Chris Robinson, At-Large: Ethan Ellestad, Kenneth Lim, Cudjoe Bennett, Claire Bourseleth, David Pruitt and Alicia Stern.